From the Syallabus:
Writing ‘National Culture’ During Critical TimesDiscussion of: Antiapartheid Struggle and the Israeli/Palestinian Debate – The Boycott, AAA2014, and Town Hall Meeting at UC Berkeley, Fall, 2014
- 1. Edward Said, 1999. The One State Solution
- 2. Meira Weiss, 2001. “Writing Culture Under the Gaze of my Country”*
- 3. Meira Weiss, “The Body of the Nation”
- 4. Nancy Scheper-Hughes and Donald Bostrom, “The Body of the Enemy” Recommended:Ruth Benedict, The Chrysanthemum and the Sword: Patterns of Japanese Culture (1945/1989,Boston: Houghton Mifflin) chapters 1-4, 8 and 13. *
- 5. Meira Weiss, 2002. The Chosen Body: Politics of the Body in Israeli Society. |Stanford University Press Unni Wikan, 2008. In Honor of Fadime: Murder and Shame.